Good River Beer is hiring for bartenders for the taproom located at 918 W 1stAve. If you love purpose driven craft beer, the Colorado outdoor lifestyle, and have a passion for anything rivers we want to hear from you!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn the names and personally recognize our regular customers.
- Present drink and food menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding all menu items.
- Take drink and food orders from customers.
- Record drink and food orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the brewery's standard recommendations.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests.
- Process guest payments by accepting credit card and cash payments.
- Clear and clean all customer areas including bar tables, patio tables, bar top, etc.
- Prepare garnishes for drinks.
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Maintain cans and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including packaged products, tap handles, counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to respective departments.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory, supplies, silverware, etc.
- Depending on scheduling needs, may be responsible for opening and closing duties.
- Be 21 years of age.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Have strong working knowledge of craft beer and the craft beer community.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money, operate a cash register and POS.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- All staff members in the Bartender capacity must obtain certification under the Colorado Responsible Alcohol Vendor Training program within 90 days of hire.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $8.98 /hour + tips